And the edit is done!



After 41 days, the first edit of my humans versus demons yarn is completed. Oh how I smiled when I read the last word. Though I have enjoyed the process, I am glad it’s over. I’m looking forward to a break from writing and I will start back up again, be it either by writing a new story or editing The Searcher’s Want again, next year.

Wait…more edits…NO!!!!!

I knew I would have to edit my story at least ten times before I could maybe possibly send it to a proof reader to go over it. I’ve outlined that I’ll have to edit for; characters, description, locations, dialogue, punctuation, grammar, and probably a whole host of other things I’ll come up with once all those edits are done. But if I can keep each edit to around 40 days, I could have it done quicker than I think. I have to say I did not think I would be able to do it such a short time. I could actually make it shorter, which I now intend to do in the New Year. A few times I did feel like editing more but didn’t want to rush it. I felt it was easier to edit at a calm pace as not to rush the thing. And a few other times I decided to go to sleep instead. Sleep is good.

Anyway, I finished the edit! Here’s a few pictures of what is going on in my head right now as I think about how I’ve finished my first full story edit. Maybe. Bye!

20653-44412 Celebration 1 monkey-human-smile


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s